Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My thoughts under the influence of NyQuil

Yep. NyQuil. The stuff is gold. Thick, syrupy, licorice-y GOLD. I can feel myself getting sleepy, even though it seems to be doing nothing for the aggravating cough that I've been fighting the past few days. 

I've been that girl at the office. The one who looks fine, but sounds like a cross between a chain smoker and Fran Drescher. Not appealing. 

ANYWAY. I had a gorgeous time in Canada celebrating my dear cousin's wedding (I can't imagine him having found a more perfect bride). I'm just so proud of him, and I'm so happy that he found someone so very worthy of him, who treats him so well. 

I also had some time to reflect this week on how stressed out I get. Really. I get totally freaked out sometimes, and it's BAD. Like heart-palpitations kind of bad. Like in the Tina Fey book when she talks about the kind of anxiety that makes your heart feel like a raisin. I need to stop doing that. 

We were sitting in small group talking about God, and how He LOVES us so much. We also talked about how He wants what's best for us. So why am I stressing out so much about things when God wants what's best for me, and will always lead me in the direction He has for me? I'm so crazy. Why do I feel like stressing out about things will make me feel like I have control over them? Sometimes I feel like I'll never learn.....

*cough*

Goodnight world!

xo


Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment