Thursday, March 14, 2013

Currently...

Thinking about...

I always have a million things on my mind. Lately, though, I am finding myself thinking about my life with Kevin. Just being thankful for what we have together. Being thankful for a warm house to come home to, where we sit and laugh together. Thankful for our sweet Ruby, even if she is naughty and gets into the trash. Thankful for hitting the snooze button a couple times in the morning just to have a few more warm minutes in bed before getting up to face the day.

I've also been thinking a lot about how we've been eating healthier. Having a solid meal plan has been helping enormously, and I feel way better going through the day (particularly at work) when I have plenty of tea, water, snacks, and healthy food at hand for breakfast and lunch. I feel like my mentality with regards to food has changed a lot recently. I feel so much more determined to feel better and be better. There's a fridge at work that's almost constantly full of cold soda, leftover ice cream, cake from someone's birthday, candy from events. Lately, though, I haven't felt the desire to sneak in there and eat things that I know are bad for me.

Reading...

Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley. I've been trying to pay more attention to my heart lately, what I'm feeling, if I'm feeling angry or hurt or sad. Forgiveness is hard - it feels almost impossible at times - but I know it's something I need to do.

Listening to....

I've actually been listening to a lot of P!nk lately. We went to her concert with Kevin's company a few weeks back, and she was such a great performer. I wasn't a huge fan before, but I am now! I've also been listening to some of Justin Timberlake's newer stuff (he was on SNL last weekend, and I thought he sounded great). I'm still listening to a lot of Alabama Shakes, some Lumineers, and a little bit of The Shins thrown in for good measure. I have such weird eclectic musical taste....



Watching...

Kevin and I have been watching Archer lately on Netflix, which is pretty entertaining. Sometimes when I get home before Kevin, I'll get dinner started with an episode or two of 30 Rock in the background. I just love that show, I feel like Liz Lemon and I would be besties if she were a real person. I wish that show wasn't over....

Making me happy....

Simple things are making me happy lately. A big plate of delicious Asian Nachos at one of our favorite restaurants. A well timed song coming up on my Spotify while I'm working, my favorite cozy tshirt being fresh from the dryer right when I wanted to wear it. A cozy, quiet morning in the office catching up on emails, sipping a cup of vanilla Earl Gray tea with a little bowl of juicy blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment