Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Bigger Yes


I love this quote. I feel like it pretty well sums up so many things I've been reflecting on lately. Today marked exactly 60 days since I started Whole30, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty proud of myself! Part of me can't believe that it's only been 60 days, but at the same time I feel like I've been eating this way for a long time. 

The funny thing is, there's a small part of me that thinks "you won't eat this way, this restrictively, forever". The hard thing is, though, that I'm a little afraid to incorporate non-compliant foods back into my diet, even for a limited amount of time. Christmas will come, and I will probably enjoy a frosty mug of eggnog with a little Goldschlager in it (although by then, I will have gone about 120 days without any dairy or alcohol, so it might do a bit of a number on my stomach). Right now, though, the idea of an adult beverage doesn't tempt me at all. I will probably be baking up a storm in December, the way I usually do. I'll probably enjoy a piece of home-made hazelnut biscotti with a cup of coffee, or maybe a Mexican hot chocolate cookie with a cup of tea, and there's nothing wrong with that. The interesting thing is that every single one of the last 60 days has been made up of me making good choices for what I put in my body. It's been making choices to push my body to do new and great things (5k here I come!). It's been about me proving to myself that I am stronger than any of my excuses, and that I have the discipline to know the difference between what I want in the moment, and what I want most. 




No comments:

Post a Comment