Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Best Friend

It's almost the end of October, y'all. Can you believe it? I can't believe it. Christmas is going to be here before you know it, and I am CRAZY excited about it. I listened to my Diana Krall Christmas album on the way to work yesterday. I couldn't help myself. During "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" she changes up the lyrics to say "we'll frolic and play the Canadian way", and it makes me happy every time.

That makes it almost November, which makes it almost my third anniversary being married to Kevin. THAT is crazy. It's crazy because in some ways, I feel like we just met last week. On the other hand, sometimes I think back to before I met him, and it feels like a million years ago. 


I'll never forget our wedding. There was this moment during the ceremony when the whole "I now pronounce you husband and wife" part happened, and I was just so out-of-my-mind happy that I did this awkward hilarious little clap of glee. I sort of remember the audience getting a little chuckle out of it. I love that our sweet photographers captured the moment. I just love the look on Kevin's face. It's just this look of love mixed with "yep, she's clapping". The funny thing is, I never got over that feeling. Sometimes (all the time) I just look at him and sort of marvel at him. He's so smart, and so funny, and so kind. His heart is so big, his wit is so sharp, and I don't know what I ever did before I met him. When I was younger, I'd hear people describe their spouse as their best friend. I don't think I ever believed them. It just sounded so cheesy. I feel like it is true for us, though. He's far and above my very best friend in the whole world. I just relish every minute we have together. I love weekdays, when we get up way before the sun and go for a walk or a run at the park. I love the quiet talks we have in the morning. But even more than that, I hate when we have to be apart. I miss him during the day when we're both at work. I get super over-dramatic when he has to travel for work: "don't they know I need you every day?". He's not perfect, and I'm not either, but every day I am blessed just by being his wife. Most of the little laugh wrinkles I'm starting to get around my mouth are from him, and I couldn't be happier about it. 



Love you, Kev!

No comments:

Post a Comment