Friday, April 27, 2012

In the bedroom....

Man, today was one of those days. One of those days that can only be rectified by amazing Japanese food and cold beer. On normal days, I come home and sit on the couch and catch up on a couple emails, check Facebook, and start to figure out dinner, laundry, and the next day. Today I just came home, grabbed my MacBook and sat on the bed in our LOVELY bedroom.

See, our bedroom wasn't always lovely. When I bought this house, the walls were beige. I foolishly picked out a heinous blue for the walls that I swore I would love till the day I died. I actually only ended up loving it for a month or two, and then I just sort of tried to avoid looking at it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I picked out the paint color for the bathroom. We bought about a gallon more than we needed, and Kevin suggested that maybe we'd paint the bedroom the same color. Genius! We did it - painted the trim a nice crisp white, and did the same gray on the walls. I decided I had to share the results...there are no before pictures. Suffice to say it was a scary sky blue, and the trim needed to be painted BADLY.


Okay so it's not 100% done. I need to tweak the window situation a little. 


Dresser with gorgeous smoky gray on the walls, and one of my paintings.


Additional dresser shot. The birthday card is from my first birthday as a married lady. Kevin wrote a lovely note to me in it, and I will probably display that card forever. 


After giving it a lot of thought, I finally settled on what artwork I wanted for over our bedside tables - framed printed copies of our wedding vows to each other! Kevin's vows to me are over my side of the bed, and my vows to him are over his side of the bed. Just a little something to remind us of our love for each other, and of the promises we've made to each other. One of the things he promised me in his vows was to support me through all of life's difficulties - man did he ever come through this week! 


Our pretty bedding, an awesome wedding present from my cousins!


The bouquet I carried during our wedding, along with a little porcelain cat I swiped from my mom a jillion years ago, all nestled around one of my favorite pictures of my Papa...


My home-made silhouettes - our little family portrait wall. More to come once I figure out what goes on the wall to the left...


Wedding vows....

No comments:

Post a Comment