Sunday, April 8, 2012

Shades of Grey....

If I were in elementary school, I'd be all ready to write my "Things I did this weekend" essay.

Let's just say when I moved into my house about 2 1/2 years ago, I thought it would be super cool to paint the bathroom this crazy blue color. Needless to say, I regretted it within a couple of months, and have been thinking ever since about how nice it would be to give the bathroom a sophisticated makeover. Over the course of the past week, our bathroom has gone from a scary blue, with trim that desperately needed to be painted, hardware that needed to be updated, and a big scary set of glass shower doors that were begging to be ripped out....

Here's the after pictures....I'm so excited!


We went with a nice Martha Stewart color for the walls called 'Zinc' - it's a little darker in person than it looks here...


Believe it or not, this shelf was a nice 1970's avocado green until yesterday. It belonged to my dad when he was in high school, and has holes punched in the back of it so he could run wires to his speaker system. 


Brand new shower curtain from Target - you can't really see it in this picture, but it has little flecks of metallic silver all over it. Love it! You can see the fancy new shower head we got peeking up over the shower curtain....


Fancy new rainwater shower head (with a hand-held for giving the dog a bath!)


It's weird to take pictures of your toilet....so I took a picture of what's above the toilet. Pretty scented candles, and a black and white print of Paris that I swiped from our own kitchen...


With the paint being pretty masculine, I wanted to go with something a little more feminine. Pretty vintage inspired glass door pulls for the closet doors and cabinets!


Pretty little vintage inspired drawer pulls....


More of the vintage style glass pulls (I'm a teeny bit obsessed)


A view looking toward the bedroom (and Ruby taking a little nap)


I LOVE the Neptune and Mermaid prints I found for the bathroom! The colors stand out so nicely against the crisp white mat ($16 frames courtesy of the clearance section of Target!)


Mermaids!


I can't get over how cheap these frames were....I just like how they stand out against the dark grey walls....


Keepin' it organized on the bathroom counter! 

So excited that this project is nearing completion! Just a couple of shelves to put up, a few paint touch-ups, and we'll be good to go! Yay for a new bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment