Monday, December 17, 2012

Adios Microwave!

Let me start off by saying I love being in my kitchen, cooking and baking. I will love it even more once we start re-doing our kitchen, which is a little lopsided. The cabinet doors are all a little crooked. Some of the drawers require a little encouragement to open and close without sliding off their tracks. The genius who put the kitchen together in the first place opted for white counter tops, which show absolutely everything. Every speck of dust, every drip. Everything. I can't wait for those to go.


We just recently (a few days before Thanksgiving week) got some lovely new appliances, which I have been loving! A new French Door refrigerator (it has a water dispenser in the door! I love it!), new stove (that has a window on the door, AND an oven light! My old stove was really not fancy), and a new dishwasher that is SO quiet that I sometimes wonder if I remembered to turn it on. 

But the one appliance we didn't get? A new microwave. As a matter of fact, we ended up donating our microwave to Goodwill. I never used the darn thing except to make the occasional batch of popcorn or to melt some butter, and you know what? I don't miss it! It freed up a huge amount of counter space, and it prompted me to look up a YouTube video on how to make popcorn on the stove top. 



Let me say, it's totally delicious! I just grab a little saucepan and melt a little butter while the popcorn is popping. You can even get fancy if you want and add some taco seasoning to your popcorn for a little extra flavor. Powdered Ranch dressing mix is pretty tasty, too.

All this to say: I don't miss our microwave at all!

Have you ever considered getting rid of yours? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment