Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pretty Cheap...

I'm just going to go ahead and tell you the title is totally a pun. This is a post about cheap makeup that's also awesome. Get it? Pretty Cheap. Pretty. Cheap. My co-worker Paul would be laughing right now if he were reading this. He loves a good pun as much as I do.

If you know me, you know I LOVE Target. I think it's great. Maybe it's the fact that I grew up in Canada, where the shopping options are kind of limited, especially if you didn't want to pay a fortune. I love the fact that Target has cute clothes that last a long time, fun home decor stuff, and that their store brand products are pretty darn great.

I had never tried their E.L.F. brand beauty products (eyes, lips, face) until a couple of weeks back when Kevin and I were in Target and this caught my eye:

e.l.f. Nail Polish Cube - 14 pc

I love Essie nail polish - they have such cute colors - but at $7 a pop, it's a little pricey. So when I saw this cute little set of 14 nail polishes for $10, I grabbed one. At about 70 cents a bottle, the polish is really nice, the variety of colors is great, and they even have a few glitter polishes in there. 

Anyhow, I was in Target last night picking up a couple things, and popped by the beauty area. I love a nice bright red lipstick, but haven't really been able to find a nice shade that doesn't come off whenever I sip my tea, or eat something, or have it end up on my teeth when I talk (very attractive...). Anyhow, I picked up the E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Rich Red (below, far right) for $1, and it is fantastic. It goes on smoothly, you don't need a lot, and after a few minutes, it's set! I applied it this morning at around 7:00 and after kissing Kevin on my way out the door, a cup of coffee, two clementines, a few ginger cookies, a bowl of soup, a ginger ale, and a whole lot of talking, it was still in place. The color is awfully pretty, too - just a nice red, not too blue, not too orange. I did apply a few dabs of Smith's Strawberry lip balm mid-morning and mid-afternoon, but it's pretty dry in my office, so you probably won't have that problem. 


So if you're out shopping for Christmas and find yourself at Target, grab a couple of these! So pretty, and so worth the $1 price tag!


No comments:

Post a Comment