Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crossfit: First Week's Reflections

So it's a week today since I started Crossfit, and I never thought I'd have so much to say about it. 

After the first WOD (workout of the day) I honestly got in my car feeling more exhausted and sore than I can ever remember feeling in my life. Part of me felt really defeated - how had I let myself get this out of shape? After a week, though, it's starting to get really exciting to see the little bits of progress that I'm making. I feel so much stronger, and I feel like I have so much more strength and perseverance than I ever thought I did. Know what's the best feeling? Getting to the point in the workout when I feel like I don't have enough energy to even fall back onto the ground, then taking a few deep breaths, summoning up some additional strength, and punching out a few more reps. Sometimes I feel like my brain is getting as much of a workout as my body. 

I'll be back soon with more recipes and updates, but for now I'll leave you with this little bit of workout motivation that I heard on the radio the other day, and decided to turn into an illustration: 


Happy Tuesday, y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment