Monday, December 26, 2011

Ruby

We have a dog. Her name is Ruby. She's a weird little mix of breeds, with a personality that could best be described as quirky.

She's needy. Super needy. Most weekday mornings when I'm getting ready for work, she'll lay down on the floor in the bathroom and rest her head on my feet as I do my hair and put on a little makeup. We secretly suspect that she likes to lay down directly in the way of where you're wanting to stand or walk, so that your subconscious prompts you to bend over and pet her on the head, or give her a little tickle on the ears. I'm pretty sure she knows this, and I'm really sure that she exploits this. She likes to be petted and scratched and touched more than any dog I've ever seen before.


This is usually what she does when we're sitting on the couch and she wants attention. "Oh, you want to type on your fancy new computer? Well, HERE'S MY FACE. You should probably just pet me instead"

Happy Boxing Day to our sweet Ruby (or as I call her, my sweet little Moon-Pie)

No comments:

Post a Comment