Friday, October 26, 2012

Tea for one...

Sometimes I have great weeks. Sometimes my days go by like I'm in some kind of romantic comedy, where there's a montage of the female main character getting ready in the morning with a peppy song playing.

This week wasn't one of those weeks for me. 

For whatever reason, I just felt like everything was happening out of my control. Not to say that I'm ever in control of what's happening, but there are times when I feel like I have a better handle on things. I always know that God is in control, but this week was just rough for a few reasons, and I couldn't seem to keep my traction. 

Still, though, I managed to take comfort in the little things. 

I finally got a kettle for my office at work, so I've been indulging in multiple deliciously hot cups of tea throughout the day. Just a quick little moment for myself. Little sips of Lady Grey, Orange Pekoe, and Berryblossom White. 


Another nice thing about this week? We got our pictures back from Robert and Tiffany of Rustic White Photography. They did our lovely engagement and wedding pictures, and we love the ones they took of us a few weeks back...


I can't get over how happy Ruby looks in that picture - she's the furry little center of attention, and she's eatin' it up! Robert and Tiffany were so good with her, but she definitely didn't make it easy. Despite a good afternoon romp at the dog park, she was still pretty wired, and seemed totally intent on smelling every square inch of that big grassy field. She also nearly ripped my arm out of its socket chasing after a chipmunk. Good thing she's cute. 


Isn't my husband so darn handsome? I can't even stand it. He looks like a American Eagle model or something. 


Family shot!

Anyway, that's all I have to say for today. Next up will be a post about politics that people will either love, hate, or ignore (which would be fair considering I have some strong views on the election that's coming up, even though I ironically haven't applied for my citizenship yet, and am unable to vote). 

Have a good Friday night!





No comments:

Post a Comment