Monday, October 1, 2012

Chicken soup and flag pajamas....

I am sick. It all started Friday when I woke up with a suspiciously sore throat, upon which I leashed a full assault of extra vitamins, loads of water, and three Airborne tablets dissolved in about a gallon of orange juice (which prompted me in the late afternoon to Google "vitamin C" overdose...don't worry, it's not a thing). After that vitamin freakout, I went to bed on Friday night confident that I had totally kicked the butt of whatever virus was trying to worm its way around my immune system. I woke up Saturday morning to the sad sad realization that I had failed. Sore throat. Bummer.

I told myself it was just allergies or something, which might have had something to do with the Farewell party we were having for very close family friends. I made a peach salad with blue cheese, walnuts, and balsamic dressing, and sat around the pool pretending I was feeling totally awesome.

Sunday I woke up and decided to just give into the misery. I spent the entire day on the couch with the exception of about 20 minutes where I whipped up a batch of home made chicken noodle soup (note for future - next time make big batch of soup sans noodles, and just heat up small batches adding noodles each time to avoid sad mushy noodles). The rest of the day was spent under a pile of blankets on the couch watching (and sort of feeling like) The Walking Dead.

I did, however, go to work today. Yeah, I'm that girl. Don't worry, I Lysol-ed every surface of the office twice throughout the day. I'm going to crawl under a pile of blankets now, and pray that by morning I can stop coughing, and that my glands stop resembling Frankenstein neck bolts.

No comments:

Post a Comment