Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Paleo Mocktail

I love eating Paleo. That's not a surprise. I feel great, and my body just works better when I'm not putting junk in it. The funny thing is, though, I don't really find myself missing bags of BBQ potato chips, my coveted Canadian Oreos (yes, they are different than American Oreos, so don't even try to convince me otherwise), or sugary sodas. The one thing I do really miss? Pouring a nice glass of red wine to sip on while I cook dinner. Or a nice cool beer with some grilled chicken on a Saturday night. I never drank a whole lot before I went Paleo, but I sure do miss it now! So what to do with all those beautiful champagne and martini glasses now that I'm steering clear of booze? Paleo mocktails! Now, I realize that "paleo-fying" things is sort of a no-no, especially if you're doing Whole30, but I don't consider the occasional little indulgence to be too off the mark!

Paleo Pomegranate Mocktails


POM Pomegranate Juice (a splurge in the produce section, but you don't use much for this recipe!)
Fresh limes
Club soda

In a standard size martini glass, add about an ounce of Pomegranate juice into the martini glass (I keep mine chilled in the fridge). Grab a fresh-cut wedge of lime, and squeeze it in. Top off the glass to the brim with club soda, toss the lime wedge in for garnish, and enjoy! 

The pomegranate juice adds a nice tangy flavor, and the club soda gives it some fizz! The lime adds just the right touch of citrusy flavor. It might not be a Cosmopolitan, but it sure tastes delightful, and it feels so decadent to sip it from a fancy martini glass. 

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment