Thursday, January 27, 2011

I heart goat cheese....and my husband's chili....

It's Thursday, and I'm tantalizingly close to the WEEKEND. My brain is buzzing with all of the awesome potential of those two days...maybe I'll break in my new sewing machine, and whip up something awesome. Maybe I'll spend the whole weekend ogling Joy the Baker's recipes. One thing I KNOW I will be doing is having dinner tomorrow night at our house with our friends Bo and Sharon, and their devilishly handsome corgi, Reagan. I have a little doggie crush on him, and I keep dog cookies in the pantry just for him.
ANYWAY, my sweet husband is making us a big tasty pot of Vegan Chili. He makes the best chili. It's full of good stuff....pinto, kindney, black, and chili beans...sweet corn and cute little cubes of tofu...green, red, orange, and red peppers, and some adorable little sweet peppers, along with a couple jalapenos. Seriously, the man makes the BEST chili, and I'm not just biased because I'm his wife or anything. All of this will be consumed with some tasty, creamy guacamole I picked up from Trader Joe's this week. Heck, maybe I'll just throw the guac on top of the chili and scoop everything up with tortilla chips. Anything is possible on the weekend!
Another food-related thing I will DEFINITELY be doing is eating some goat cheese. I love goat cheese. Have you had goat cheese? It's fantastic. My love affair with goat cheese started at Eclipse di Luna, where they serve little balls of goat cheese fried to perfection, then smothered with caramelized onions and then drizzled with wild honey. I know, right? Yum. Incidentally, they also do these uh-mazing frenched lamb chops that you dip into creamy goat cheese sauce with rosemary in it.
What was I talking about again? Oh, goat cheese. Yeah, it's that good. PLUS, Trader Joe's started carrying these little individual portions of goat cheese that I've been eating at lunch. Yum. Time to caramelize some onions this weekend, pop em' on top of a little goat cheese, and break out the orange blossom honey. That counts as breakfast, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment