Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mmmmmm oatmeal....

Let me start this by saying that I used to HATE oatmeal as a kid. I didn't like it at all. EXCEPT for the Quaker Maple & Brown sugar kind, with lots of raisins added in, and a little dribble of 2% on top. Bliss. I keep it in the house just in case I get in the mood for it on the weekends, which is interesting because I never really get around to eating breakfast on the weekends. 

Anyway, this morning I woke up and realized that if I do in fact have to go into work today, it won't be until noon. I wanted oatmeal. So I fired up the kettle, pulled out some big bowls, and made a couple steaming helpings of goodness. I just love how oatmeal goes down soft and warm - I feel like it's a little heating blanket applied to the inside of your tummy. It just feels GOOD. 

Yesterday, in order to stay out of Kevin's hair (he was working from home) I decided to whip up a batch of cupcakes to take to work with me today (or if work is closed again, I'll just sit home and eat them all myself). I found some vanilla frosting in the kitchen, right next to a half a box of Mallomars, so I thought - DUH! Sunflower cupcakes! Just did chocolate cupcakes, stuck a Mallomar on top of each one with a dab of icing, then piped on little yellow flower petals. If I had gone fancier, I would have done green leaves, too, but I think my coworkers who brave the treacherous roads today will appreciate these sunny little guys....

Alright....time to pay some bills before I do or do not have to go in to work. I'm going to have SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON when I get back, but for now I'm trying to enjoy the snowy view from my window....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment