Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Favorites...

Okay so usually I do my Favorites on Friday, but things got a little bit delayed. Enjoy the Monday Faves, and have a great Tuesday!

I *need* to try this amazing-looking bruschetta recipe. Goat cheese? Check. Prosciutto? Check. Peach slices? Check. Somebody stop me...

I should clarify that I usually feel like Martha Stewart is a little too much for me. A lot of her recipes flop when I try them. Plus she gives her dogs shiatsu massages. Let's be real folks. I'm lucky if I can just keep the dog in the bathtub when I'm washing her. She's a wiley little rascal. She tries to escape. But I think Martha's got me on this one....Watermelon Lemonade? Yes please....

These Toms wedge sandals are precious - love the color!

Loving this kitchen remodel from Apartment Therapy. I LOVE the idea of two-toned cabinets. While I love the color they used, I'm thinking more along the lines of gray tones for our kitchen. White cabinets on top, light gray on the bottom, and a nice smoky charcoal on the walls, with flat panel curtains on the windows in a cheery yellow chevron pattern. Yes. Also vintage-inspired glass knobs. Also yes.

Don't even get me started on these sweet potatoes from SpoonForkBacon. Chopped pecans and feta? I'm on board.

My birthday is soon. I might have to ask my mom if I can bring my own birthday cake. And by birthday cake, I do mean these Toasted Marshmallow Squares that my super best friend Joy the Baker (I might be lying. It's possible that we've never met, and it's also possible that I just have imaginary conversations with her while I read cookbooks). There's cherry jam in there, which I would feel the need to promptly change to raspberry jam, because my nana will be here on my birthday, and she and I are raspberry buddies.

Apple's FaceTime, because my mom is in Canada right now, she I got to FaceTime with my Nana, who I'm pretty sure was in her kitchen wearing bright yellow dish-gloves. Hello, technology!

Joy the Baker's podcast. Because she and Tracey Shutterbean are hilarious, and listening to their conversations on my way home from work almost completely distracts me from the fact that my AC in my car is broken, and only spews out hot air. I should either get that fixed, or go ahead and fill my car with cedar and just call it a sauna.

champagne cupcake from Gigi's....just sounds so good right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment