Thursday, July 12, 2012

Confessions and Comfort

My morning is off to a rough start. I seriously messed up my back yesterday. How did I do it? I looked at a box and thought "that doesn't really look so heavy". I proceeded to pick up that box, and feel an incredibly uncomfortable twinge in my back. Not good.

So what am I going to do to give myself a little comfort as I go throughout my day?

- Wear a skirt to work that is essentially sweatpants in skirt form. It's black. You can't tell, I promise. Also, I got it for $7 at Old Navy. So comfortable!

- Sip a nice warm President's Choice cappuccino on my way into work.

- Advil. Lots of Advil.

- Use a huge overstuffed pillow to support my back in my desk chair.

- Treat myself to lunch with my sweet husband - tuna lettuce wrap at Jimmy John's!

- Wrap up the day by having some nice dinner with Kevin, laying down on the couch and watching 30 Rock while sipping a little bit of grapefruit G&T!


We all have days that are less than great, and the ones that start off rough are even worse. Sometimes you just need to do some little things for yourself that give you a little comfort throughout the day.  Bonus points if you find a couple minutes in the morning to make a list (like I did) so you have a little "being nice to myself" checklist!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment