Friday, September 28, 2012

Currently...

Lately, it's been crazy. It's been a busy few weeks, and I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way for a while now. There's 52 more days to go until we leave for our cruise, and I can't wait!

In the mean time, though, I've been trying to get back in the habit of watching less TV, and so far so good! I've started reading Andy Stanley's book, Enemies of the Heart, and it's really been teaching me things about some of the anger I've been carrying around in my heart for years now. It's funny when you read a book like this, and you feel like the author (in this case, he's actually our pastor as well) just sort of reaches out through the pages and points to something in your past and says "this is something you need to work on". Crazy.  

I've also started reading Anna Karenina, which is fantastic. A few years ago, I got a pretty substantial tax refund back, and I used part of it to go on a bit of a book-buying spree. This was one of the books that I bought, partially because I'd always heard good things, and partially because I always wanted to say that I've read Tolstoy. All it took was hearing that they're making a movie out of it, and I decided now is the time to read the book. I always hate seeing a movie before reading the story that it's based on! I'm loving how richly Tolstoy describes his characters, and I can't wait for the story to unfold further.  I can't wait to find out what happens between Levin and Kitty, and find out if Stiva and Dolly reconcile. I'm not quite to the part where Anna arrives from St. Petersburg....



Also lately, Kevin and I have been playing games a couple nights a week. So far we're on a pretty big Phase 10 kick - I taught him to play last week, and he's quickly getting pretty good at it. It's a game I've always played with my mom's side of the family, so it has a special place in my heart, and I'm glad it's something we can enjoy together!


Last Saturday my mom and I went out so I could get some of our Christmas shopping done. I'm happy to say I've tackled about 2/3 of the presents that will need to be sent up to Canada! While we were in the mall, I peeked in a shoe store to try on the new Tom's wedge boots, and man are they comfortable! They're officially on my Christmas list....in a size 8 1/2...in gray...although I'm sure Santa knows that....

No comments:

Post a Comment