Thursday, September 6, 2012

So fresh and so clean...

I used to have a coworker who used to bust out his own version of that Outkast song all the time. I secretly love it.

But I'm not talking about music here, I'm talking about FOOD. Let's be real, I am usually talking about food.

Being back on my low-carb jam has felt GOOD, I can't even tell you. And for whatever reason over the course of the past couple of months, my desire to eat meat has been almost zero. I've never been big into chicken or pork, although I do enjoy the occasional piece of nice beef. Some days I have just found myself craving loads of veggies. Wednesday, for example, I ran down to the on-campus farmers market and picked up a beautiful bag of green beans for a couple dollars (King of Pops was also there, and I indulged in a pear ginger popsicle - yum!). I got home that night and threw together an admittedly strange combination for dinner - sauteed green beans (I added garlic to mine) with a fried egg, some pistachios, and a little piece of gouda cheese. So good!

Thursday I snacked on ice cold water, cucumber slices, a nice brussels sprouts salad I tossed together that morning, and a few more of my yummy pistachios! My mid-afternoon how-do-I-get-past-this-2:30-feeling snack was a couple of Babybel cheeses. Hooray!

I know there are actually "clean eating" type diets out there, and I'm sure that what I've been eating doesn't quite follow that program, but I am eating things that just make me feel light and healthy. And at this rate, maybe I will end up looking cute in a swimsuit just in time for our Thanksgiving week cruise, and for long after!

No comments:

Post a Comment