Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's time...

It's time. I'm ready.

About a year ago, I started blogging about how I was going to give the low-carb lifestyle a go. To be honest, I was mostly motivated by my sweet husband, who had read How We Get Fat, And What To Do About It, and decided it was the way he was going to get in shape and get healthy. I read a little of the book, and was pretty convinced of the truth behind carbs and why they're bad for you. I decided to join him in his low-carb efforts, and we started eating differently, experimenting with new ingredients, and watching our weight go down. 

My heart wasn't really in it all the way, though. Despite the fact that I did pretty well when I was at home, I always struggle with staying on track during the day when I'm at work. I work in a wonderful office that, unfortunately, is a veritable obstacle course of temptation when it comes to food. Fruit snacks. Granola bars. Donuts. Ice cream. I'm a person who has always said "I just like food SO much!". 

Lately, though, my thinking has changed. Maybe it's from reading Danielle's blog. Maybe it's from checking out Lindsay's pins on Pinterest. It could also be that I've been checking out the cute work-out clothes at lululemon. Either way, I'm feeling more ready than ever. 

I've just had to change my mentality. Do I like food? Sure I do! Am I letting myself use my love of food as an excuse to eat what I shouldn't? Absolutely. What if I were a smoker who refused to quit because "I just love to smoke"? That would be insane.  I know that eating certain things is bad for my body, so continuing to eat them is almost like saying "well, I'd like to feel good, but I'd rather eat this donut". Nonsense. 

The truth is, when I was eating a 'clean' diet, and enjoying a low-carb lifestyle, I felt better. It's hard to describe, but my insides just felt clean. I felt more awake, more alert, more positive. 

It's time. I'm ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment