Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just like Frasier...

Okay, lately Kevin and I have been on a huge Frasier kick. We started on the first episode a couple weeks ago, and just last night we arrived at the end of the seventh season when Daphne and Niles finally get together (jeez...took em' long enough!). That's not actually what this post is about, but it's necessary background information.

One of the things that makes the show so funny, obviously, is when Frasier gets himself in to these crazy situations where all of his efforts just proceed to make everything ten times worse. It makes Kevin a little crazy, but it's hilarious. It got me thinking about how I'm like that sometimes...

I feel like I'm pretty personable. I like to think I'm funny, albeit a little sarcastic, and I feel like I can get along with just about anyone. But sometimes I encounter people who, when I'm around them, seem to draw out this crazy awkward side of myself. My brain fumbles. I say dumb dumb things, and then say more dumb things in an effort to right the situation. I turn ridiculous. Honestly, these are the kinds of people that I usually don't end up getting along with, and it's not because either of us are bad people, it's just that we're different.

I wonder sometimes whether these types of situations stem from a bad first impression, or if there's just some personality traits that just don't mesh well together? Has anyone else experienced this?

1 comment:

  1. Haha Diana, that show was great! Have you seen the one yet where Niles is ironing? Best 2 minutes of silent comedy ever!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete