Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Day in Pictures.....


First thing in the morning - I'm almost always the first one out of bed, and Ruby stands impatiently next to me waiting for her turn to go to the bathroom. She's not subtle. If I take longer than a minute in there, she anxiously licks my hands until I relent. 


Next stop: the scale! On nice days, the number that pops up is lower than yesterday. Yesterday was a good day! (I was originally going to post a picture of my feet on the scale, but it was early, I was waking up, and I realized I don't really feel like announcing to the whole world how much I weigh.)


Time to get dressed and throw on a little makeup before heading out the door! I'm loving the Bare Minerals makeup - so light and clean looking! And of course my NARS blush - just the prettiest shade of coral pink! Usually by this time Kevin's in the shower, and I'm getting ready and listening to a podcast or some music. Ruby is almost ALWAYS laying on my feet while I am putting on makeup (I don't complain....she's so warm and cozy! Bonus when she just rests her head on my feet, and I get to feel her warm velvety ears)


Got to work to find a sweet Valentine waiting for me from my sweet coworker Stephanie. She's the only person I know who loves Valentine's Day even more than I do! My valentines were Lego Star Wars themed....


My desk at work - it's usually me vs. my inbox most days. On good days, I get down to one screen of emails, where there's no scrolling necessary. I love peeking down and seeing the wedding picture I have framed on my desk! Plus, one day while I was walking outside, I was thinking about my Papa (who has a thing for paperclips) and I happened upon a gold paperclip laying on the ground! I picked it up and I keep it on my picture frame to remind me of him (I should clarify that I attacked it with Lysol spray....who knows where it came from, or where it was before I picked it up?)


Lunch! Lucky me - I got to pick up lunch with Kevin (we had to drive to Marietta to pick up his car from the mechanic, so we were near a Chipotle, and I indulged in a delish burrito bowl with spicy steak, cilantro rice, and extra guac and sour cream). I never EVER get tired of burrito bowls....it's all the goodness of a burrito, minus the messyness. Plus I HATE when you eat a burrito, and get to the end and there's that gross knob of tortilla all wadded up. Ick. Burrito bowl solves the problem, PLUS there's less carbs. 


Quick afternoon lipstick touch-up...somehow the combination of applying a little pearly nude lipstick, plus a big cup of my new fave (ice cold water with cucumber slices and lemon slices) really helps me get past that mid-afternoon feeling....


Valentine's Day dinner! We had a couple of nice New York Strip steaks and a nice Merlot, and finished up with some blush champagne. Kicked back on the couch and watched one of the funniest episodes of SNL I've seen in a while. Loved the "2 Nick Cages" segment, and Weekend Update was really great. Plus I liked seeing Karmin as the musical guest - I used to follow their stuff on YouTube (KarminCovers) and thought they did a great performance of an original song!

Well that's it for me! Just a teeny glimpse into the day-to-day. Check back tomorrow for Random Thoughts Thursday!











No comments:

Post a Comment