Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas lights!

Man, it's COLD outside.

This fact became particularly noticeable yesterday morning when Kevin's car broke down, and we ended up together standing at the QT gas station near our house (which was essentially a wind tunnel of cold and blowing snow). It wasn't really the best morning. I lost (and subsequently found) something expensive, then the front door wouldn't lock, and we jiggled it around until it opened for us, and then his car wouldn't start. It was like the world was telling us to go back in the house, get back into our pajamas, and get back into bed and snuggle for the remainder of the day.

On the BRIGHT side, however, there are some VERY nice things that come with the cold weather! Cookies! Christmas lights! Eggnog! Hooray!


Kev and I did a little running around last night and we purchased a cookie press with some of our wedding gift cards (yay!). So tonight I will be baking a nice big batch of Maple Spritz cookies with my fancy new cookie press, and those cookies will be coming with us tomorrow night when we go to Lake Lanier Islands with the new Mr. & Mrs. McMath (woo hoo!). Time for Chick-fil-A, and warm cozy scarves, and mittens, and hot cocoa, and walking around in the snow looking at Christmas lights...I think a few Maple Spritz cookies will fit right in!

Last night after Kev and I got home and warmed our tummies with a bowl of chili, we set to wrapping presents and packing them up to send to Canada. Everything in the house is covered in bits of packing peanuts and EVERYTHING Is covered in glitter. Everything. Glitter wrapping paper is nice, but messy. Why do I buy it every year? We packed and wrapped until 11, when I 'hit the wall', and crawled into bed and promptly fell asleep. What happened to the days when I could be up till 1am on a work night, and not bat an eye? Am I an old person now?

Hooray for Cookies! Hooray for Christmas lights!

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I can hear your voice when I read that, it sounds so much like you.

    ReplyDelete