Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let's stay inside today and be cozy...

So it's cold outside today. You might wonder how I know this, since I'm currently all snuggled up under the covers at 8am on a Saturday, and have not set foot out of bed. 

The glories of the iPhone.

I can wake up, and carefully reach one hand out from under the comforter fortress, grab my phone, and come to the startling realization that it's exactly one degree above freezing, and that the rest of the day will probably be very wet, mushy, damp, and cold. This rather undesirable weather has led me to decide that we should probably stay inside today, and do cozy things. 

These cozy things will likely involve the following: 
  •  sipping coffee: with eggnog in it, of course, because there's no other way to drink coffee once Thanksgiving is over. I'm just saying.
  • Baking: (I have the new Martha Stewart cookie edition, and have decided that I'm going to do an obnoxious amount of cookie baking this holiday season. Today I think I will be doing the peppermint meringues, since they look so adorable, and maybe a batch of ginger snaps, because I got some lovely biscuit cutters of various sizes for a wedding present, and I love the idea of a counter-top full of sweet ginger cookies dusted with confectioner's sugar). It's possible that after all this, I may make a venture to the grocery store to get some candied ginger, all in order to try the ginger almond cookies that are drizzled with lemon frosting. Yummy...
  • Watching a movie and doing our Thank You cards for the amazing wedding presents we received. Our family and friends spoiled us like crazy. (I'm thinking I'll watch the Family Stone, because it's sort of an off-kilter Christmas movie, and because I really like Diane Keaton.)
  • Completing the organization of our little office, and rearranging some of the pictures and things.
Also, something extremely exciting is happening today at 11:00. Tiffany Petersen of Rustic White Photography is coming with our WEDDING PICTURES. We got a sneak peek the other day (http://www.rusticwhitephotography.com/flaunt/#/page/84f5/) and they are wonderful! The wedding went by so stinkin' fast that we felt like we missed so many of the cute little details. They caught everything I was hoping they would, and they made us look pretty adorable to boot!


And alas, my discovery for the week. I don't exactly recall where I stumbled across her blog (perhaps on Apartment Therapy), but Joy the Baker's blog is fantastic. So many yummy recipes (some of them are even healthy-esque recipes...vegetarian, vegan, etc.). Anyway, after a week of drooling over her entries, I am going to get out of bed at some point this morning and make her recipe for fried apple cakes. They're basically pancakes, but flourless, so they're just apples, and yummy spices, and butter, and lemon juice. Those will be nice with some eggnog coffee, sittin' on the couch with my hubby, staring like crazy people at our Christmas tree, and seeing if Hulu is functioning sufficiently this morning to deliver a much anticipated dose of Tina Fay 30 Rock-ing our morning.


I should probably get up. Kevin keeps coming in here in his big fuzzy fluffy blue bathrobe and pajamas to kiss me and make sure I have enough nog' in my coffee, and he says he wants me to take as long blogging it up as I want, but I think secretly he wants me to get up. So I will. 


More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment