Friday, December 3, 2010

Today, I am a petulant three-year-old.

Maybe it's something in the air. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night, or maybe the sleep that I did  get wasn't as high-quality as it needed to be.

I'm cranky. Consider this a news bulletin, and a warning.

I feel like one of those little kids that you see at the grocery store with their parents who are just generally being irritable, unconsolable, and generally billigerant. The kids that obviously need a nap or a 'time out'. Yes! A time out! That's exactly what I need, and the weekend is almost here to remedy what has apparently been caused by me getting out of bed on the wrong side today (which would literally involve crawling over Kevin to go in the opposite direction of the kitchen, where the happy happy coffee lives...).

I'd like to go home and take a nap. I'd like to put on my bright blue pajamas with the strawberries all over them, and crawl onto the middle of the bed, make a little cocoon of the blankets, and watch The Family Stone. I'd like to sip hot chocolate, and do something crafty and creative. I'd like to bake a little multitude of cute little peppermint mirangues.

My husband is so sweet.....I sent him a little text with a sad face letting him know how my day had started off in general, and he responded with a little kiss, and promises of a back rub when I get home. He always listens so sweetly, and snuggles me close if I'm feeling sad, and doesn't mind cuddling quietly for a few minutes on the couch looking at the Christmas tree if that's what will make me feel better. I think perhaps tonight, a Sushi date is in order. I think a little time out of the house to just have a nice meal of softshell crab, and bamboo rolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment