Tuesday, December 7, 2010

There was a Lemur on the box, so I bought the tea...

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't come very far since the days where any package that had pink glitter on it was instantly appealing to my 5-year-old self. I went to Trader Joe's last night, and realized that part of what I like so much about shopping there isn't just that the food is yummy, and so much of it is organic. I love their packaging. Whoever does their marketing is a serious smarty-pants. This particular package of which I am speaking was all decked out with little Christmas lights, and had a cartoon Lemur on the front, drinking some of the tea. I'm not sure what this has to do with tea, but it got my attention, and I'm glad it did.



What am I talking about? I'm talking about their new Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea. Now don't get me wrong, I like my coffee in the morning. I should correct that by saying that I REQUIRE my coffee in the morning. It makes it so that my coworkers can tolerate me prior to 10am, as I am SERIOUSLY not a morning person. But around this time of year, around this time of day, I'm sitting at my desk, nose pressed firmly to the grindstone, and I think "mmm...a nice cozy cup of tea would be scrumptious right now".

This tea is seriously yummy. Just the right amount of vanilla flavors, with just a hint of cinnamon. It's the kind of tea that makes me want to be at home sitting on the couch with a big cup of it, listening to Bing Crosby and wrapping Christmas presents. I haven't bought any of my Christmas presents yet. I realize that, in fact, time is ticking away at an astonishing rate. I actually have to mail Christmas presents to Canada, and hope that they get there in time. I have a lot to do this week.

I have so much to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment